Free School Meals
Did you know just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money??
Benefit for Families:
Ensuring that pupils can have a healthy lunch during the school day. Families registered for Free School Meals could also get support for school trips and uniform/PE kit costs. The process is straight forward and students on Free School Meals are anonymous.
Benefit for the School:
Increasingly, large sums of our school funding are being linked to the number of students on roll who have registered as eligible for Free School Meals. This means that if families do not apply for Free School Meals, the school receives less money than it should have to spend on the education of our students. The school will be significantly better off if you make a successful application, even if your child doesn’t want to claim the daily lunch.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get of these benefits:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to working Tax Credit and having an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit ’run-on’ the payment someone may receive for further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.